Monday, February 22, 2010

Abstinence Only Sex Education

This was an inciteful articl in Cosmo magazine...and a little scary. Since the school system has gone to this form of education both pregnancies and STD's among teen girls has increased. The sad truth is that most kids post-Clinton's "it isn't sex" additude are going to be active in some shape or form. So while we hope for abstinence in our youth shouldn't we prepare them for "safe" intercourse anyways?
I guess that I am a realist. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I remember being a kid but things were different in the days of my youth and kids today face a whole new slew of influences. Even commercials portray a lot more than they used to. I'm not blaming because eduacation begins at home. I'm just trying to understand what they deal with every day.
What do you guys think of sex education?

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
www.lacythorn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment