Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bad Review...

Most authors have to deal with this at one time or another and it affects everyone of us differently. There are times I come across some comment someone has made and want to yell, to scream, or maybe just curl into a ball and cry. There are times I wonder if maybe I should find something else to do. But the bottom line is that I love to write. I love creating people and events and bringing them to life on the page and in the readers' minds.
So how do others deal with derrogatory remarks or negative comments about their works? For me there is a difference when it is obviously someones negative opinion as compared to someone who can criticize constructively. I like the constructive criticism. The negative can just be hurtful and sometimes just mean and petty. It makes me think of the people in life who are never happy with anything or anyone and constantly have to pick things apart to find something wrong.
Bottom line is no author is going to be pleasing to everyone. We all strive for something in our writing and with each new story it is a fresh beginning. And when I go to bed at night, I'm happy with who I am.

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
www.lacythorn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment