Friday, February 12, 2010

Life's Garden

This has been a week! Two people close to me have lost family members. One anticipated if not expected and one that was so sudden and unexpected that it blew everyone away. And it made me think...How lucky I am. I have a multitude of wonderful people in my life. They make me laugh and smile no matter what events happen in my life.
So it made me wonder what kind of garden people have in their lives. Unfortunately some seem more concerned with items, possessions than people. It is all about the car they drive, the clothes they wear, and what they own. What will be said when they were gone? "Remember that awesome car?" "They were always dressed so nice." "I wonder what happend to all that sweet stuff?"
I may not own a lot of possessions but then I tend to collect people of all walks of life. And each and every one of them adds to my life in some way. When I pass there will be people telling personal stories about the crazy antics we got up to. There will be laughter and tears and so much emoiton that it will be fantastic! And I wouldn't have it any other way!
Some people pass in and out of our lives so quickly taking some knowledge with them and leaving some behind. Some linger never in or out and some stay and stay and stay. What will you leave behind when your time is done?

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
www.lacythorn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment