Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Great reads found everywhere...

As a local charity fund raiser people were asked to donate gently used books for others to buy. I ended up with a copy of A Taste Of magic by Tracy Madison. I don't know if it is just my luck or because I love series books...but, you guessed it! This is book one of a series. And I loved it. I'm telling you it is a great, funny, quirky read. And I've already got the next two books! LOL
This is the story of Elizabeth Stevens. She is recently divorced and depressed as hell. Nothing in her life seems to be going the way she wants it to. Her ex husband is an ass who handled things very poorly when telling her he wanted out, basically destroying her self-esteem. Her business is not great and she hasn't had sex in forever.
Then her wacky grandma gives her a birthday card with a little something extra in it. It seems that her family is descended from gypsys and there is a little gypsy magic in the air.
From meeting her neighbor while stuck "winnie the pooh" style in her window, to her crazy grandma, her gay business partner,and the hilarious thing she does to her ex husband's wedding cake. This book is a laugh a minute and I loved the ride.
Tracy Madison has become one of my new favorite authors.

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
www.lacythorn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment