Wednesday, June 30, 2010

C.O.P.

Lately I'm beginning to believe that doesn't stand for "to serve and protect"...unless it is their own interests.  I'm thinking it means "cock on prowl".  What is it with cops these days? Please tell me that it is just the ones around where I live! Please!  I'd hate to think that there are no good ones left.  We have one in town who is  referred to as "Deputy Dipshit" and they are often referred to as less than professional.  Most are thought of as womanizers or have been caught cheating... I just think enough already.
It is disheartening to feel this way about the ones you should be able to trust with your life, if it comes to that.  I don't feel that way. It is very hard for me to write my Bare series when I have become so enlightened about the "profession" I write about.  How do you write about heroes when you don't see them that way anymore?
So I'm asking anyone who can tell me about a wonderful cop to PLEASE share with me.  If you know one or are one, please let me know.  Tell me something good for a change.  I'm tired of hearing and seeing the behavior of our boys (and yes I mean boys) around here.

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
http://www.lacythorn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment