Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Celebration

It is family tradition in my family to attend the Memorial Day Celebration in my hometown.  My family has been one of the main contributors since as long as I can remember.  Every year we attend and participate.  My uncles made a cross that is used to place flags in when each of the names of local soldiers who have died in service is read.  Usually one of my cousins or our children are the ones putting the flags in.  It is an honor to us. 
This year there was a very sad turn out. It made my heart sad to see so few people in attendance.  I will continue to go every year, to offer my thanks to those who have fought and died to preserve the freedoms taken for granted by so many. 
So for all our military out there...THANKS!  I appreciate all you represent.

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
http://www.lacythorn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment