Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bare Confessions

Another look into the past today with the second Bare Love book, Bare Confessions.  This book brings back memories of all the surprising fan letters that came with its release.  Hope you enjoy this look.

Bare Confessions
Copyright@ Lacey Thorn 2010

It was dark outside the window of Gil’s old apartment. Katie lived there alone now that Gil had moved in permanently with Moira. But when the knock came at the door Katie was anything but surprised. It seemed like someone was always stopping by with one excuse or another but Katie knew they were checking to make sure she was all right.

Expecting it to be one of her brothers, she left her robe folded on the end of the couch, hoping that when they saw her in the short blue nightie they would prefer not to stay. But she was the one surprised when she opened the door to none other than Ben Marcum.

He took her in from head to toe before moving past her into the apartment. “Expecting someone?” he asked with a touch of anger in his voice.

Interesting, Katie thought. Could it possibly be that he was a little upset at the thought of her with another guy? Maybe she could use that to get him right where she wanted him—in her bed.

“No, I’m just getting ready for bed and since I wasn’t expecting anyone, I just figured you were one of my well-meaning brothers. Which I guess you could be—a brother I mean.” Katie said the last just to see what his reaction would be. She almost laughed when she saw the scowl on his face.

“I just wanted to check on you. I hear that you start your first day of work at Moira’s gym tomorrow. Are you sure that you’re up to it?”

“If I had been teaching I would have already started so, yeah, I’m sure. Besides, I’m just going to be leading some group therapy sessions for those who are interested in it. I do have a degree in psychology, Ben.”

“I know that. It’s just that some of the things those women have been through are pretty serious. I hate for you to have to listen to it.”

“I’m not some little doll who needs to be sheltered and protected. I wish you and my brothers would get over that idea.” Katie turned and stomped over to the window. “I shot and killed a man, Ben. Just how innocent do you think that leaves me?”

Ben stepped up behind her and pulled her back against his body, being careful to keep enough distance between them so that she wouldn’t feel the pulsing hardness of his straining cock. That little blue number she was almost wearing was hell on his libido. He wanted her so badly and had to keep reminding himself that Gil would likely kill him if he touched his baby sister.

“You did what you had to do, Katie. No one can fault you for that. Moira would likely be dead now if you hadn’t shot him.”

She turned in his arms and buried her head against his solid chest. “I keep telling myself that but I still wonder what if. What if I hadn’t shot to kill? What if I had just ordered him away from her? What if…”

“Don’t do that to yourself, Katie. The guy had already murdered several other women—at least four that we knew of for sure. Can you honestly make yourself believe that he would have just stepped away because you asked him nicely?”

Katie gave a shaky laugh at the look of incredulity in Ben’s eyes. “I know that you’re right. I know that in my head. It’s just going to take me a little longer to accept it, that’s all.”

Katie burrowed closer to him. Close enough that there was no mistaking what that rigid length straining his zipper was. Without thinking she began rubbing her stomach against it. They both moaned at the same time. “I know that you want me, Ben. Why won’t you do anything about it?”

Ben groaned again as he held her hips to try to get her to stop rubbing so wantonly against him. “Gil would kill me if he knew that I touched you.”

"Why does Gil have to know anything about it then?” Katie was feeling reckless. The only thing that she knew for sure was that she wanted him between her thighs right now.

“What are you saying, Katie? That we should just have sex and not let anyone know?”

“Why not? I’m sure that you’ve had one-night stands before. This shouldn’t be new to you. We could just scratch this itch we have for each other and move on.”
 
 
 
Love this book.
 
Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
www.lacythorn.com

2 comments:

  1. Have to say I loved the book. I am still hoping for Griff's story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished up Shep's story and put the contract in the mail....Griff's will be the next Bare Love book that I write.

    ReplyDelete