Monday, January 24, 2011

What are we reading?

This Monday I am thinking about what I've been reading lately. I have to admit that it is hard for me to find a book that I can read and really lose myself in.  I've picked up some good ones lately and this latest series I'm reading I heard of from a friend.  I just started on the House of Night books by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast.  I'm already on the second book and thinking of just downloading the rest of the series from B&N onto my Nook.
I have to admit that I wasn't sure that I would like this. One, I'm not a big vampire fan and honestly, at times feel that it is way to overdone of a genre at the moment. It seems that everyone wants to jump on the "vampires are hot" bandwagon and put something out there. So I really debated before even picking this one up.  Then there is the whole "teen angst" as this is a teen series. I'm not a teen drama is exciting kind of person...I am not a Twilight fan...so...
Needless to say I like this one. Like it so much that I've breezed through the first two books and am impatient to get to the third. The storyline is nice and very well written.  I find the characters sucking me in to their world and I'm loving it.  I like Zoey and can't wait to read more about her and how she grows and changes as she moves through the fledgling vampire years.
Unfortunately this series will move fast for me as I'm a quick reader...both a good and bad thing.
So what is everyone else reading? Anyone found something that they can't put down? Or is there a coming soon release that you just can't wait to get your hands on?  I'm all ears! Please share your favs with me!

Until next time...Happy Reading

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
http://www.lacythorn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment