Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What was I thinking?

That is the big question for me this month.  My school schedule is packed full...so full that between it and my children, I have little to no time to write. This frustrates me as it was never my intention to stop writing.  My goal was to obtain a job skill so that I could have at least one job with a reliable income.  The writing industry doesn't provide that and I'm at a point in my life where I need more than a possibility come pay day.
As income is based on sales you have no idea how well you'll be pain until that check finally arrives, which is never the same time every month, and you see.  Good months, bad months...you just never know.  So how do you establish a budget on  a "?" income? LOL  So I decided to head back to school to finish my degree.  I'm glad that I did.  But school takes up a lot more time than I remember it doing when I was younger.
Of course that could be due to how much my life has changed and evolved since those days.  I'm not solo anymore, instead I have three amazing reasons to keep moving forward with my goals.
Of course that means my life right now is school, homework, children, children's homework and school events, and maybe a few minutes in the evening to relax. LOL What gives me hope is how supportive my family and friends are, how amazing my kids are and how I see others just like me doing it as well.
My dating life that I was so excited to get started on...well, I'm trying to juggle it as well.  But it's not a priority.  You see, I'm happy right now. Busy, chaotic, but happy.  I'd love to find that right person to share my happiness with, but I'm okay with waiting.
So to all of you out there who feel restless in your life, it's never too late to take a different road.  Life is a constant journey and the fun thing is that when you reach your destination there's always another trip around the corner.
Until next time, Happy Reading!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced
www.lacythorn.com

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Lacey. You have your hands full, but you sound very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber...I think insanity does that, lol

    ReplyDelete