Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Muse: Fantasy Please, Not Reality

I have always been an avid reader. I love to sink into a great book and forget the world around me. I suspend my disbelief and just go with the story as far as it wants to take me. I read everything. Vampires, shifters, ghosts, murder, intrigue, and sex, sex, sex! The hotter the better. Do I believe in all of it? No, sometimes not even the fantastic sex, lol. But that is the joy of reading. Take me away from the real world and show me the world I wish existed, the one that I want to lose myself in.

I hear people say they didn't like a book because that would never happen in real life. ... .... ....Um.... Isn't that the point of a really great book? To take you out of the ordinary and submerge you into the extraordinary? That is exactly what I want.

So today, I'm sharing some of my favorite authors and their books that just take me away!!! Maybe you'll love them too!

Jory Strong: Supernatural Bonds Series, Crime Tells, Fallon Mates, and The Angelini
Sherri L. King:  the Sterling Files, the Horde Wars, and the Shikar stories
Lora Leigh: Bound Hearts, the Breeds, Men of August
Anny Cook: Flowers of Camelot
Cindy Spencer Pape: Heroes of Stone
Lorie O'Clare: Lunewulf, Rutledge Werewolves
Reese Gabriel: More Than Male
Laurann Dohner: New Species
Jaid Black: Trek Mi Q'an, Warlords of the Viking Underground, and Death Row
Brynn Paulin: Daly Way

And of course so many by the incredible Lacey Thorn! (What? I can't leave myself off the list!!!)

So find a great story and just suspend reality. Have fun and live vicariously through the characters! Most of all, just let go and enjoy.

Happy Reading!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced...
www.lacythorn.com

Twitter: @laceythorn1
Facebook: Author Lacey Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment