Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Next Big Thing - A Look at Bare Love Book 8

Today I'll be talking about my latest book! Can you guess which series it belongs to?


What is the working title of your next book?


Barely Breathing


Where did the idea come from for the book?

I've brainstormed over how to write this particular story for years and thankfully fans have
been very patient with me. I needed a strong heroine and a great storyline. I re-wrote this one
three times before I found the storyline angle I liked and that worked. So the idea I used came
from several different "what-if's" that kept popping into my head. And the heroine I began thinking
it should be was moved to a different story and a different hero.


What genre does your book fall under?

This is an Erotic Romance with suspense elements.



Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?


So this one was hard! I'm not one to visualize a "known" actor/actress for books. I tend to form my
own visions and go with those.After much research, I chose these two as my hero/heroine.



So this is the versions of Griff and Honor that I chose. Honor is portrayed by Gisele Bundchen and Griff is Joe Mangeniello. I think it just might work!


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your books?

Honor needs someone to help her lay a trap for the man set on killing her and finds the man of her dreams in Griff Daniels.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

This will be the 8th book in my Bare Love series published by Ellora's Cave Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Fans would probably say years because I put the project off for so long out of fear. So many people wanted this story that it was scary to sit down and write. But when I actually did it took me less than six weeks from the first start to the final edited draft that was sent to my editor.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

This is a Bare Love book and fits right in with the rest of the series. You will see some old friends and see where they are at in their lives!

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Griff is all the inspiration needed. From his introduction in the first Bare Love book, he demanded to be the star. I just had to find the women who would do him justice in my eyes and the story that needed to be told.


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Other than the fact that it is Griff's story? LOL It is another Bare Love story and, thankfully, these characters have become family for many readers. Barely Breathing gives you an update on Cass, Doug and Damon, Moira and Gil and several others. PLUS...It will be followed by the next Bare Love book! So look for two new stories in 2013!


Okay...So that wasn't as hard as I feared! I'm really excited about this book and loved telling you about it. Next week you can read about some more "next big things"! Here are some wonderful authors I’ve tagged to tell you about their Next Big Thing! Visit them on December 12 and see what’s coming up for them.

Author Brynn Paulin at http://brynnpaulin.blogspot.com/
Author Bronwyn Green at http://bronwyngreenblog.blogspot.com/
Author Lea Barrymire at http://www.leabarrymire.com/
Author Cheryl Brooks at http://cherylbrookserotic.blogspot.com/ (explicit photos posted)
Author Karen Stivali at http://karenstivali.com/

I bet they'll have something to bring you happy reading!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced...
www.lacythorn.com

Twitter: @laceythorn1
Facebook: Author Lacey Thorn


3 comments:

  1. So excited about more Bare stories in 2013 *happy dance* Cannot wait to read Griff's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this. Maybe I should celebrate by re-reading the previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I know this one has been a long time coming! I hope it does justice to him, although, I'm not sure any story could. :-)

    ReplyDelete