Monday, May 27, 2013

Mondays Muse: Summer Shape-Up!

As some of you know, I just finished my first 100 Days challenge. The challenge was to pick and exercise, or combination of exercises, and do 100 of them every day for 100 days. I had several people join me on this. We kept track and encouraged each other via social media. I am proud to say that I managed 100 push-ups every day for 100 days for a grand total of 10,000 push-ups! That's more than I've done in the rest of my life put together! And I'm still sticking with it. I only do 50 some days, and I take weekends off some times as well. But I am still including push-ups in my daily routine.
So what is my next challenge? I thought a lot about this one. Summer is just around the corner. So it has to be something that people can stick with, even on vacation. So here is what I came across!

The Shape-Up Challenge
10 push-ups
20 sit-ups
25 squats
20 lunges (10 each leg)
80 jumping jacks
60 second wall sit

There are no variations on this one. But if you need to substitute another exercise in place of one, go for it. The key is to get up and keep moving. I found this routine on Pinterest and loved it!

Start date: June 3 which is a Monday.
For the first week, do one set every day for seven days.
Second week, add another set for a total of two sets every day for seven days.
By week three, we are up to three rotations of the challenge every day. We will stick to three sets for the rest of the challenge which will wind up being six weeks of three sets a day.
Challenge ends: July 28 which is a Sunday.

So that is the summer challenge. I hope to see many of you joining in. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing with the challenge as well.
So take a week and figure out what you want to do. Join in and share! We'll have to come up with a hashtag to use! All suggestions welcome.

Until next time, happy reading!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced...
www.lacythorn.com

Twitter: @laceythorn1
Facebook: Author Lacey Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment