Saturday, October 26, 2013

Topics of Interest: A Romanticon Conversation

I recently went to Romanticon, which is the convention all about Ellora's Cave Publishing authors and books. It is always a great time where I get to reconnect with both readers and fellow authors. While sitting with Desiree Holt, Cheryl Dragon, Ruby Duvall and Dee Brice, I mentioned how horrible I was at blogging. I even told them I rarely had anything to say. Needless to say, these ladies called me to task!

I always have stories to share with them, about fan mail or something someone said to me. Just millions of little things I can't wait to share with them and see if they've had something similar. I never thought of them as blog topics!!!! LOL! All of them shook their heads and said to use them. So, I'll be sharing more personal, funny stories from fan mail and meet and greets, etc.

Desiree is a blast to chat with. She is a fountain of wisdom, who will never steer you in the wrong direction. I learn so much from her every time we speak. She is a class act who is always willing to sit, chat and share. If you ever get the chance to meet her, take it!!!!

Cheryl Dragon blows me away with her work schedule. The woman writes like a mad fiend, and it's always super hot goodness.

Dee Brice is one of those people who is a natural story teller. I could sit and listen to her talk for hours. And her books... Well, I fell in love with her with Passions Four Towers. What an amazing story! If you haven't read it, grab it! So good!

Ruby Duvall... Talk, gorgeous, and witty as hell. She writes some of the hottest stuff I've ever read. We decided to try the critique partner route while we were at Romanticon, and I love it! It helps that her strengths are just the things I need to work on. I really think my next story will be better for working with her.

I met so many others as well and spoke to them. I'll be sharing those with you as well. You'll notice I have key authors I'm close to. I think we all have our groups we can't wait to see again! But we also love meeting new people. They changed our seating order this year at the book fair. In the past I've always been with the amazing Eve Vaughn! But this year I sat between Kristin Daniels and Lea Barrymire, both of whom were awesome!

Just a note: When it comes to fan stories, I will not post fan names. I will share the amazing things they've said or done. I love my fans! They are the most incredible people in the world. They are the people who allow me to follow my dream! Without their love and encouragement, I'm not sure I'd still be writing. So a big thanks to all the fans out there! You rock!!!!!!!!

Until next time...
Happy Reading!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced...
www.lacythorn.com

2 comments:

  1. I got a chance to meet Desiree at RT book fair in LA and I had a blast talking to her. She is one funny woman with so many stories to tell. I got to meet Cheryl this year too and such a nice person. I know what you mean about having your own group you tend to gravitate and hangout with. I'm like that when I see Jess Dee, Lexxie Couper, Lila Dubois, Mari Carr, Catherine Bybee and Jennifer a Probst. It's also because I've met them before and we've become close due to me being such a fangirl when I'm around or on twitter, lol :) I'd be like that with you when I get to meet you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to finally meet you face to face! We'd have such a blast!

    ReplyDelete