Monday, December 22, 2014

Passion Awakened




Passion Awakened by Jessica Lee

Website Blog Twitter Facebook Goodreads Contact

Sign up for Jessica’s Newsletter








Buy Link: Amazon



 Blurb:



To maintain a civil society in the future, citizens are forced to take government-issued drugs to suppress their primal urges.



Creed Donovan, Sustain drug enforcer for the Federation of Americas, is on the trail of a fugitive. The chase through time in search of the criminal has landed him in the year 2015. More than six hundred years into the past.



Shayla Murphy has left the rat race of the city behind to work on her latest novel in the beauty of the North Carolina Mountains. Suddenly, her peaceful retreat turns into a hostage scene straight out of a sci-fi flick. But when the sexy man who saves her needs a little rescue of his own, Shayla can’t kick him out. Especially after he reveals he’s from the future, his ride home has been stolen, and his own supply of Sustain went with it.



Without the libido-inhibiting drug, Creed’s long repressed arousal will soon stir, untethering carnal urges he’s never experienced. Trapped with a beautiful new roommate and on the verge of detox, he struggles to stifle the raging desire in his blood, for her sake and his. Because if his passion awakens, how will he ever survive this century—survive Shayla—with his mind and heart intact?



EXCERPT:



“You’re really…” Shayla just couldn’t form the words. They felt too ridiculous on her tongue.



“From the twenty-seventh century.”



“And this drug makes it where no one wants to…” Her palm went to her mouth, covering her lips. When had she suddenly lost the ability to finish her sentences?



“Participate in sexual activity,” Creed said without a flinch, as if he were talking about the desire to or not to consume steak.



Wow. She’d been struck back to monosyllables. Her head spun on the concept of what the future held. A world without intimacy.



“Umm…” It seemed so rude, but it would kill her if she didn’t ask. “So does this mean that you have never…?”



“No.” He grabbed the display from her hand and stowed it back inside his backpack. “I’ve never had sex if that’s what you were about to ask.” His head swung back in her direction. “My job is to enforce the law of the Federation, not break the code I’m sworn to uphold.”



“Oh. I see.” God, it blew her mind that a whole society was celibate. And that Creed Donovan, the tough alpha male who would easily be the inspiration for one of her most erotic novel creations was a virgin. Damn. Why did she find that tidbit of information one of the most provocative things she’d ever heard? Her nipples went rock hard. Heat crept up her throat and into her cheeks. She needed a distraction. Fast.



“So there’s no kind of special equipment in that bag of yours that would help you to repair your implant?” Shayla indicated the pack beside him with a wave of her hand.



“No. And even if I could, I’m out of reserves.” A guttural sound emanated from the back of his throat. One that said he was one pissed-off Double T, short for time traveler. Hey, why not? She’d already deemed herself a nutcase for believing this. “A damn rookie mistake,” he went on to say. “I’d been chasing Thomas for two weeks, and I’d finally zeroed in on him. I knew I’d be heading back yesterday with the rebel in custody, so I didn’t want to lose my lead by warping back for more Sustain supplies.” He shook his head and mumbled another curse under his breath. “Not a smart move.”



“You referred to the other man, Thomas, as a rebel. What kind of rebel?”



“A Sustain rebel. He and a woman we’d already retrieved by the time I located Thomas here had removed their implants and fled. That type of rebellion isn’t tolerated. It would set our civilization back more than a century in progress, not to mention the damage that can be done by warping through timelines unchecked.”



“And your job is to ‘retrieve’ these rebels.”



He nodded. “Yes. An enforcer.”



Shayla slowly nodded. “I take it then that when Thomas did this to you, the chosen site for the stabbing was no accident?”



“He knew exactly what he was doing,” he nearly growled, teeth bared. “He also took my timepiece. Wanted me trapped here, detoxing in the twenty-first century so I can ‘appreciate’ what I’m forcing our people to live without.” He pushed from the sofa cushions, marched over to the bar, and with his back to her, spread his hands wide on the surface.



“So the fever, dizziness, and when you passed out really isn’t related to any kind of infection is it?”



“I’m in withdrawal.”



Shayla’s gut tightened. “How bad is it going to get? I mean, how long before help arrives?”



“A week. Maybe two.”



Her breath hitched. If he had already experienced withdrawal symptoms… She didn’t own a medical degree, but that didn’t sound good. “What does that mean for you and what your body will go through without Sustain while you wait?”



His words barely reached above a whisper, but she heard him nevertheless. And the answer lifted the hairs on her body.



“God only knows.”







Author bio:



Almost every author's bio states they've been writing since they learned how to read. It's what they've always wanted to do. Well, my journey wasn't so straight and narrow. I was a nurse for over twenty years and hold a bachelor's degree in science with a major in biology. So as you can see, my career path originally went in the opposite direction. I didn't discover my passion for the craft until after I'd had my son and decided to work part-time.





I've always loved to read but had never read a paranormal romance. Then one night on break at work, I began reading Karen Marie Moning's Spell of the Highlander. I couldn't believe what I'd been missing, and I immediately fell in love with the genre.





I wanted to write like that. I wanted to create worlds where others could find the same escape and fascination I had when I read my first sensual paranormal romance.





And I hope that's what I've accomplished in my work. Please dive in, hold on tight, and enjoy the adventure.



Jessica Lee lives in the southeastern United States with her husband and son. She loves writing and can't wait for that quiet time each day when her son is in school, and she can get lost in another place and world with the fantastical, sexy creatures in her head.




Sounds great! Remember to leave a comment to be entered in the grand prize drawing on Christmas Day for a $100 gift card!

Happy Reading!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced...




6 comments:

  1. Interesting premise, a time of no sex. This I gotta read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to my never ending wl lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat concept!!! Really looking forward to checking out this book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for stopping by! I'm so glad you liked the concept. I had the best time writing Passion Awakened. I love scifi elements in a story, but don't be put off if you're worried it's going to be too techy or futuristic. The story takes place in current day. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ill have to go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete