Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Back to the Beginning: Freeing the Feline

I love Logan and so does the pride. So what happens when he feels pulled between the woman he wants to possess and the pride he call family? Find out in Freeing the Feline!



Freeing the Feline
Awakening Pride Book Three
By Lacey Thorn

 He's only human...

The only thing Logan despises more than a weak man is one who preys on others. He finds himself in a battle between a group of people he never dreamed existed, and those who want them dead.

A captured lioness...

Clara has always known she carried the spirit of a lioness within her. An impulsive quest finds her at the mercy of a man she's spent her entire life hearing of. She wants to claim her place as part of his pride, but to do so means turning her back on the one who reared her.

Mine...

One look at Clara has Logan chomping at the bit to protect her. Every moment spent together assures him she feels the same. She's the one with a beast inside, but he's the one feeling territorial. Every glance has his chest swelling with primal need. Every touch sends one word echoing through his mind. Soon he'll show her exactly what it means to belong.


Excerpt:

She turned her back to him again. “Go away.”

“Not this time.”

She heard the grunt of anger in his voice and had just enough time to turn around before he was in front of her, pinning her to the wall. His scent wrapped around her, stroking her like invisible fingers and making her a weak mass of female flesh.

“Don’t equate human with being stupid or weak,” he gritted out between his teeth.

“I’ve never thought of you as weak or stupid,” she panted.

Her heart galloped as his forearms brushed against her shoulders. He had her caged in, effectively trapped, with no avenue of escape, and they both knew it. Not without her risking hurting him, and she wasn’t prepared to do that.

“But you think of me,” he whispered, dropping his head so his breath tickled her ear as he spoke. “I hear you call my name at night. I’ve walked in and seen you thrashing in that big bed, moaning my name. Do you know how hard it is to walk away? Knowing you want me as much as I want you?”

“It’s all those dreams of killing you I have. No Stockholm Syndrome here.”

He laughed. “We may have been getting rough in your dreams, but the only thing killing either of us was probably the pleasure we’re going to unleash when we finally give in.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Oh, but she did, and she wanted. God, how she wanted.
“Do you think I can’t pick up on the signals you’re throwing out just because I don’t have your super senses?” he challenged.

“What signals?” She bit her lip, realizing she’d played right into his hands by the way he leaned even closer, touching her with his body.

“That I can’t see the way your pulse picks up every time I enter this room.” He dropped his head and ran his tongue over the fluttering point on her neck. The backs of his fingers skimmed across her taut nipples. “That I can’t see the way your breasts swell and grow tight. You want my mouth there as much as I want to see and taste you there.”

“I…” She moaned, leaning her head back and closing her eyes as he slid his hand over the crotch of her pants and cupped her.

“Do you think I don’t know how hot and wet you get for me? Baby, I don’t need to be a kitty to pick up on the fact you want me as much as I want you. All I have to be is attentive.” He brushed his lips up her neck, along the edge of her jaw, and up to her earlobe. “And I promise, I can be very attentive.” He nipped her lobe with his teeth and it took all she had to lock her knees and keep herself upright.

“I can’t.” She finally forced the words past the lust-filled fog that consumed her.

He was her mate. Neither of them should have to deny what was happening. But there was too much else going on, and Clara was never selfish.

Logan seemed to gather himself and slowly pushed away from her. His stare met hers and she almost lost herself again in the rich chocolate of his gaze. She could drown there, with him, in him.
He stepped back once, twice, dropping his head and shaking it back and forth before looking up at her.

“I know. That’s why I’m doing my best to keep my hands off. I don’t know why you’re denying what’s going on between us, but I’ll respect it.”

“You don’t understand—”

“So tell me,” he interrupted. “ I’m all ears. Talk to me.”

“It’s not that easy,” she reasoned.

“I don’t want easy,” Logan fired back. “I want you.”

“There’s more than just the two of us involved here.”

“Not at the moment.”



Buy Links:

Resplendence Publishing: http://bit.ly/1M0IzKM

All Romance E-books:  http://bit.ly/1Wj5t0s


Barnes & Noble:  http://bit.ly/1QW98h6




Hope you've enjoyed this look at Logan and Clara! They're one of my favorite couples from Awakening Pride!

Until next time,

Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment